If you know a Centennial high school student who makes a positive contribution or has made a significant impact to the community, the Centennial Youth Commission would like to acknowledge them. This year, three high schools students will be recognized for demonstrating exceptional leadership with a $1,000 award contributed by SAFEbuilt Colorado and the Centennial Youth Commission.
To enter the Youth Achievement Award program, the following requirements must be met:
1. The applicant’s legal residence is located in the City of Centennial at the time of application and at the time of presentation of award.
2. The applicant must be a high school student.
3. The applicant has made a significant impact on or contribution to the City of Centennial and/or its residents.
4. The applicant’s qualifying project or qualifying actions identified in the application were conducted within 24 months prior to the date that the application is received.
5. The City of Centennial must receive all required application materials including adult recommendations by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 16, 2018.
To complete the application, the applicant should:
1. Completely answer each page of the application and submit to the Centennial Youth Commission by March 16, 2018.
2. Write an essay of no more than 500 words describing, in detail, the positive impact that was made to the community.
3. Provide a letter of recommendation from an adult (non-relative) who can speak to the student’s character and community involvement. The recommendation letter must be included with the application prior to the March 16 deadline.
Applications and supporting materials may be obtained from and should be mailed or e-mailed to:
City of Centennial
Attn: Kelly Brady
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112